In yet another effort to disarm the American people, the Obama administration is using the Department of Justice (DOJ) to eradicate the firearms industry (the Second Amendment) and to control the Free Market. What he has been unable to do through legislation, Obama is now trying to achieve through Operation Choke Point (OPC) a program designed to interfere with and destroy relationships between America’s banks and their clients.
Though at present, OPC is only used to persecute specific industries, such as that of firearms, what is to stop this president and future administrations from targeting other businesses that strike their fancy? The DOJ argues that the program is needed to stop fraud, but that’s a lie! OPC is also used to target legitimate industries without Congressional oversight.
The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” – Samuel Adams
Is the Obama administration looking out for the people?
Consider, the $70,000,000. to $93,000,000. of tax payer funds (according to Media Matters, the Progressive/Communist website owned by George Soros) spent to set up healthcare.gov. Given three years to build, the site not only failed to work, but had security issues that were scary to users, not to mention an inability to take payments.
Also let us not forget:
- ECOtality ($126,000,000.)
- Solyndra (385,000,000.)
- Raser Technologies ($33,000,000.)
- Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)
- Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2,000,000.)
- Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10,000,000.)
- Range Fuels ($80,000,000.)
- Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)
- Stirling Energy Systems ($7,000,000.)
- Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)
- GreenVolts ($500,000)
- Vestas ($50,000,000.)
- LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
- Nordic Windpower ($16 million)
- Navistar ($39 million)
- Satcon ($3 million)
- Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)
- Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)
- $308 million for a joint clean energy venture with…BP
- $298,543 to the Southwest Research Institute in Texas to study “atmospheric forecasting of weather and climate on other plants”
- $456,663 to study the circulation of Neptune’s atmosphere
- $16 million to help Boeing to clean up an environmental mess it created in 2007
- $529,648 to study the effects of local populations on the environment…in the Himalayas
- $712,883 for Northwestern University researchers to build a robotic comedian.
- $89,298 to Boynton, Oklahoma, to build a sidewalk that leads to a ditch.
- $1.9 million for international ant research
- $200,000 to help Siberian communities lobby Russian policy makers
- $554,763 for the Forest Service to replace windows in a closed visitor center at Mount St. Helens
- $200,000 to Toledo, Ohio, to maintain a freighter ship it keeps on display that averages 30 visitors a day (in that tourist paradise of Toledo).
- $253,123 for museum with 44 visitors a year. They host an “Insect of the Week” feature on their website, followed by a line of baseball cards with “native and fascinating insects.”
- $1,000,000. a year for 19 Los Angeles bus stations to purchase artwork to “enhance the customer experience.” What, graffiti/street art is not good enough?
- $1,000,000. for buy iPod touches for 1,600 high school students in Salt Lake City. They get to keep the devices if they graduate with their class.
- $6 million to build a boutique hotel in Buffalo, New York, “as high-end as they come.” But the local conventions bureau’s former president said they need no more hotel rooms.
- $25,000 for the International Accordion Festival in San Antonio, Texas.
- $1.8 million for a road project that is threatening a pastor’s home
- $62 million for a tunnel to nowhere in Pittsburgh, PA. that even Governor, Ed Rendell called “a tragic mistake”
The list goes on and on, but you get the idea. Though Barack Obama is certainly not the first president to waste tax payer dollars, he deserves a special shout out, because he was so quick to criticize former president George Bush every chance that he got in the early years of his first term. Obama claimed that he could do better. Yet, all this arrogant, immature, incompetent, lazy, self serving, conveniently uninformed joke of a president has achieved so far is to dig our debt far deeper than any president before him, with nothing to really show for it. Furthermore, the world is becoming a more dangerous place because of him.
For more information about how our tax dollars are being flushed down the toilet by this administration click here.
That this president and his henchman Eric Holder, have the nerve to claim that OPC is about protecting the American people from fraud is insulting to the intelligence of those of us who know what is going on, because fraud is the essence of what Barack Obama is all about!
You have to give this closet Marxist credit for creative ways to accomplish his goal of confiscating firearms from the American people so that his collectivist agenda can drive us into the gulags/resorts where we will be ‘happy’. If Obama can deliver a declawed eagle (USA) to the “protection” of the United Nations, before his present term ends, short of impeachment, then he will have achieved one of the main goals that his puppet masters assigned to him.
So by yet another executive decree established in 2009, the “President’s Financial Fraud Task Force” is putting mom and pop gun shops out of business all across the country by employing the big hammer of the DOJ. With Eric Holder leading the charge, our infamous ‘Fast & Furious’ Attorney Criminal/General is attacking gun and ammunition retailers by manipulating financial institutions to cut off access to bank credit and freeze their assets.
But it gets better!
Also targeted are three sectors of the private lending industry, known as third party payment processors, payday lenders and online lenders. After all, why allow gun shops and other lawful businesses an opportunity to find money elsewhere if government controlled banks can’t do the trick?!
These targets include:
This shock of information came from a report released by Darrell Issa, the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. After reviewing internal documents from the Justice Department, the committee concluded that the Obama administration has been using OCP to close down perfectly legitimate and highly regulated businesses of which Eric Holder is well aware.
The DOJ works the scheme through the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), which defines policy with whom the banks may safely lend money. Financial institutions that do business with companies on Obama’s ‘hit list’ are subject to intense scrutiny and audits, which is very costly to the banks. Since the DOJ intimidates the banks from providing loans to these businesses, many retailers of firearms are closing their doors, because their lines of credit have been “choked off”, irrespective of perfect credit histories and full compliance with all laws and regulations. Businesses that have anything to do with guns and ammunition are considered “high risk” and find themselves in the government crosshairs. So the banking industry, which once made it’s decisions based on merit, the true American way, is now being dictated to by the federal government as to which customers they should and should not do business with, if they know what is good for them! Companies that engage in any margin of “risk” as defined by this administration, are being dropped from banks left and right.
We have documented that they are going after gun and ammunitions manufacturers, gun sellers and non-deposit lenders. Their own memos show they are well beyond enforcing the law. There is an orchestrated effort by DOJ and FDIC to do away with entire industries instead of going after the bad actors. This is wrong. Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-MO), 2 June 2014, myfoxdc.com
Representative Luetkemeyer, a former bank regulator, who currently serves on the House Financial Services Committee, intends to stop the tyranny of the DOJ by establishing,
safe harbors for legal entities to do business.
The congressman also said that if the amendment doesn’t fix the problem, he will introduce legislation that will.
Hey, Mr. Luetkemeyer, how about stopping Obama and the DOJ in their tracks? How many ways is this ridiculous excuse for a president allowed to offend the Constitution, bury generations yet to come in debt they can never be free from and screw the tax payers who provide him with a lavish and undeserved lifestyle, before we send him packing – to Kenya?
Operation Choke Point was launched in 2013, to supposedly protect consumers by “choking” companies that the Obama administration identified as “fraudulent” from gaining access to the banking system. Set up to stop banks and other third-party payment processors from accepting payments from companies considered “objectionable” who supposedly violate federal law. However, the documents released by Issa prove that the government lumped the entire firearms industry, as well as others, in with salacious businesses that truly are “high risk” such as pornography, drug paraphernalia, escort services, ponzi schemes and online gambling.
Of course, DOJ spokesperson Emily Pierce, claims that all accusations by the House committee are “false” and that the document Issa released,
makes clear that we are targeting fraudulent and illegal behavior.
She further stated that the DOJ will continue to hold financial institutions who process fraudulent transactions “accountable.”
Though I can see the point about ponzi schemes, drug paraphernalia and online gambling, the extent to what an administration may label as “undesirable” is disturbing. Though the Second Amendment may be their real target right now, a very dangerous precedent is being set. Even those who want to see the Second Amendment abolished should be concerned, because where will it end? What is to stop the Federal government from targeting industries that stand in the way of an environmental agenda or those who want to hire non union workers or are not politically correct enough. Don’t kid yourself, the industries on the list above are just the beginning. Obama is not only trying to disarm this nation, he wants to control the Free Market. Is that not a basic tenant of Marxism? Are we going to allow this usurper president to pervert one of the cornerstones of Western democracy into a brick of tyranny that I refer to on my home page?
Caught with their pants down yet again, Obama and his minions have no shame! It seems that they are proud to show their junk!! That the Feds would discriminate against businesses simply because they engage in the lawful commerce of an industry that thwarts their diabolical goal to rule without “consent of the governed” is disgusting, which pretty much sums up everything that comes out of the Obama White House!
Unfortunately, in order to control spam, it has become necessary to require registration before any comments can be taken seriously. Furthermore, though I am very interested in what you have to say, only comments that are relevant and edifying to the article will be posted.
For more information see: